She is a parody of Little Red Riding Hood, is a small, meek little girl that the dogs often encounter. When she speaks, she shouts one word in the sentence very loudly compared to the quiet tone of voice she usually has.
The dogs usually just join her for food. She needs glasses and even with them, her sight is far from 20/20 when she Can not See Where she is going. On one occasion the Dogs have shown fear and anger towards her and the Little Dog even called her an evil little girl, one of the few times the Little Dog shows genuine intelligence.
- Something I call "The red trilogy" features all three red episodes.
- Red shares several similarities with Little Red Riding Hood from the 1944 Bugs Bunny cartoon Little Red Riding Rabbit:
- Both characters are annoying.
- Both wear glasses.
- Both are loud-mouthed.
- Both of them are dimwitted.
- Both have the habit of singing the same tune repeatedly as they'd walk. (with the Bugs Bunny version, she sings "Five O'Clock Whistle," and with Red she sings "The 1812 Overture").